... and trying to digest each one of them. Ever since the beginning of May holiday I can't recall how many series I've actually watched. Most of them were Hong Kong series, because they are the only series that could keep me watching them continuously. I can't really stand Taiwanese dramas, not anymore. I am currently trying to watch TKA (it was interesting) but I spent quite a number of times fast-forwarding most of the segments. This is one thing that I'm getting disappointed with Taiwanese dramas - they lag so much. I'm afraid sooner or later they are getting worse than Korean dramas.
Anyway, let me count back the dramas I've watched. First and foremost, A Journey Called Life (Kam Sek Leung Yuen), starring Kent Cheng Chat Si, Steven Ma Choon Wai and Linda Chung Kah Yan. The story revolves around how modern but ordinary people deal with the various tragedies, dramas, traumas happening in life. It's quite refreshing, because the dramas in the show NEVER STOPPED! It's like before a wave dies down, another wave rises up (Chinese idiom, go figure it out). I vividly remember that I spent only two days to finish up the whole show, so you could see how addicted I was.
Linda's acting improved so much! I hardly recognise her anymore because... she transformed quite beautifully. Her chemistry with Steven was awesome. There was this scene that showed how she gave birth to her stillborn baby and it was so heart-breaking to watch. I guess they really poured all their emotions into portraying the scene.
Next was some ancient Hong Kong series which I couldn't remember its name. That was kinda ridiculous, because... Yumiko Cheng just isn't the girl who could star in ancient shows.
Then there was The Money-Making Recipe (Si Nai Gu San). Jesus! Kiki Sheung and Michael Tse just WEREN'T meant to be! Gosh! What the hell is wrong with the producers? They were a married couple? Please! They look more like siblings to me! Nevertheless, the drama was mainly about the sharemarkets. Helped me quite a lot in business I must admit.
I also watched YYSJY (Ying Ye San Jia Yi). This was the only drama that I watched entirely from the internet - all thanks to Youtube. It was great, and I was REALLY impressed with Qiao En and Ming Dao's acting. They just showed pure and impeccable expressions! For a moment I actually thought that they were real, as in real Xia Tian and real Ah Jiang! I think I enjoyed this more than Wang Zi Bian Qing Wa.
Just finshed Forensic Heroes 2. Interesting, because I give them credits for being able to create so many cases with suspense (although I don't really get curious most of the time). I think they depended on too much chemical assistance... hahaha... well basically it means that, if you realised, in the show no matter what kind of cases they encountered with, they just need to send ALL evidences to the chemistry lab and the DNA tests will direct them to the murderers. Plus, they did things too complicatedly until I couldn't believe that there is such thing existing in the world. Puh-lease... if the forensic teams WERE that great there wouldn't be so much chaos in this world - we wouldn't need to forensic team anyway. The solutions went too fast, so I actually hoped they could slow down the series a bit.
Now, trying to finish TKA (They Kissed Again) AS SOON AS POSSIBLE because the DVDs aren't mine. I wasn't that obssessed before I saw the kissing scene Arron Yan had with Petty Yang! OMG! I can't believe he showed up in TKA! I mean, I DID hear about his participation but nothing concerning their kissing scene! God! I'm still on episode 6 and I WILL get to the kissing scene soon (episode 10). Hmmppph! Dad caught glimpses of the drama's progression and his reaction was "This show is so sexual!" OMG! Can you believe he said that about TKA? Well, thanks to the kissing scenes Joe Cheng Yuan Chang and Ariel Lin Yi Chen had; three scenes are enough to give my dad a connotation of the whole drama theme/plot. They DID kiss too much - 40 or more scenes - but it was really... weird. I just fast-forwarded most of the intimate scenes because they were quite boring.
Speaking of which, I agree that recent Taiwanese dramas are trying to use SEX to sell their series. Fated To Love You and TKA... there are more I know. God! I don't know if I will cringe if I saw the making out scene in FTLY because I heard it was HOT! Then dad will come in and start his "Sexual" talk again.
No comments:
Post a Comment